Friday, March 15, 2013

Andrea from Michigan


Ouidad Valentine's Day Style


 For a more romantic Valentine's date look, Dani from Ouidad created a soft updo while utilizing the natural texture of my hair. I never thought I could pull off an updo, but I was pleasantly surprised with what Dani, armed with Ouidad products, could do and how little time it could take. I have haunting memories of crunchy, over-styled hair from my junior high dance days and this is soft, easy and simple.
I wore a floral babydoll dress paired with pink heels and cream cape. It's feminine, fun and taps the romantic side of me, which may only come out on Valentine's Day.


Outfit details: dress from Asos, heels by Steve Madden, watch c/o BCBG, cape c/o Marshall's


Gold


 With my work's annual dinner coming up tomorrow, I spent some time styling possible outfits and this one came out on top. I've been obsessive with planning every detail of this event, but I worry about all the things I can't control. For whatever reason, having my outfit determined for this event has given me some relief. I can hear my mom telling me to stop worrying about things I can't control, but my control freak nature doesn't allow me to do that so easily!
Back to the real issues...Any suggestions on accessories? This is what I initially liked, but I'm considering a black heel and different jewelry.

[peplum dress c/o Chi Chi, leather blazer c/o Bebe, bag by Marc Jacobs, heels c/o Nine West (last year), watch from Fossil, Joan of Arc necklace c/o JewelMint]



Free Fallin'




It's been awhile since I shimmied into a mini skirt, but I love the print and the color and had to wear it. I used to style miniskirts with loose tops tucked in or anything a little scandalous, but this to me is a little more grown up and makes it more age appropriate for this old lady.


[Tribal Sweater skirt c/o Jupe Boutique, peplum top from Urban Outfitters, Gold Lame necklace c/o JewelMintGold Reef Ring c/o JewelMint, heels by LAMB, bag by Marc Jacobs, sunglasses by House of Harlow, bow belt given to me by Merl who took it off a dress she bought]



Happy Hour


 Between busy days at work and out of town activities like going to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, it's safe to say I've looked pretty haggard and tired this week. And unfortunately, the most haggard of days, I had a board meeting, a radio/tv interview and then a spontaneous TV interview for work. I remember making an effort to look alert and pretty, but this TV interview says otherwise. I learned my lesson.
So yesterday after work, I put on something a little more colorful and fun to grab a drink and eat pierogies with miss Kat of Ginger Adorned. I love a long sleeved mini dress, but because it's so mini and I'm no longer 19 and able to get away with it, I added black nylons and a pair of boots with a short heel and serious sass factor with the leopard print pony hair. 





[Olsenboye dress c/o JCPCedrina boots c/o Aldo, bag by Marc Jacobs, sunglasses by House of Harlow, BB dakota coat c/oLulu's (last year), blog initial rings c/o Catbird]


River Walk

-->

 It's been so warm and sunny, I don't feel like i'm in the midwest. Except when I look at the trees and everything is still dull and lifeless. I'm just making sure to take full advantage of this unseasonably enjoyable weather by sipping beers out on patios, taking walks with friends and by wearing dresses without tights or nylons, my favorite. Besides a stressful time between 8-5 at work, this week has been a blast! I'm crossing my fingers the wedding I'm shooting this weekend will be smooth sailing and the weather will cooperate.
As far as my outfit goes, I've always loved baby doll style dresses and I just adore this more grown up version of such a sweet dress. For work, I styled this with sheer nylons and a leather jacket to cover up the tat and after work, I tore off the nylons and traded in my everyday satchel for a studded clutch to head downtown. 



[Lena Babydoll dress c/o PB& J Boutique, clutch by Tylie Malibu, heels c/o Lori's Shoes, vintage necklace, gold metal hinged bracelet c/o Kristin Hassan, sunglasses from Urban Outfitters, heart rings from Forever 21, watch from Fossil, gold bracelet c/oT+J Designs]



Dress Up



 In my new job, I have the privilege of attending more events which leads me to searching and finding special dresses like this one to wear. While I haven't actually worn this outfit yet, I did style it out of excitement since I know I'll wear it out next week, most likely with a leather jacket as well. The pretty cut out eyelet design  and scalloped edges sold me, it's so pretty without looking too delicate.

-->
[Market Festival dress c/o Sugarlips, vintage fur stole, bag by Rebecca Minkoff, Sam Edelman wedges c/o Lori's Shoes, sunglasses from Urban Outfitters]


S. Lafayette


 Once I spotted this chevron dress on Tieka's blog a while back, I've been pining over it. And now I've finally been able to borrow it! Since I have a finite time with the dress, I've been making most of my time with it and wore this outfit to work last week and to shop on Saturday. I added a blue skirt over the dress since it's pretty short and another pop of color with the vintage red bag. I was a little inspired by my gorgeous friend Karyn and created a look that was a mix of me and something I could see her wearing.
I visited my friend, Erin in Detroit on Saturday and we shopped our little hearts out. From the Rust Belt Market in Ferndale to boutiques in Royal Oak and Birmingham, we made our rounds to our favorite spots in the sunshine which was a nice change from the gloom and snow that disappeared last week.
 [chevron dress worn as top borrowed from Selective Potential via Delightful Dozen, blue skirt from American Apparel, shoes from Zara, bag by Chanel, necklace and bracelet c/o T+J Designs, Bonnie and Clyde glasses c/o Bonlook, thigh highs c/o Philippe Matignon, watch by Fossil]
 It took me looking back at these photos to realize my friend Erin lied to me when she said the lines were straight and center on the back of my new sheer thigh highs.

Shimmer & Glitter



 Let's be real, I don't often sport sequins and glitter, but I fell in love with this jacket when I spotted it in a couple shops and was so excited when I got to pick it out from Lulu's. I think this jacket could be fun paired with a more colorful outfit, but the way I wear a sequined jacket and shimmery shoes is by dressing the rest of me in muted tones. I paired my dark blue jeans with a navy polka dotted top with hopes it would elongate my 5'4" height with the help of these mary jane heels!
I wore this to dinner with the boyfriend last weekend to a quaint Thai restaurant and then to Target where I stomped down the aisles looking for Poptarts, ice cream and a variety of seasonings. Again, I always tend to wear my sassiest outfits to do some light grocery shopping or some other equally mundane task. 

[BB Dakota sequined jacket c/o Lulu's, Steve Madden Viktoree heels c/o Lori's Shoes, top from Pitaya, pants c/o J Brand, bracelets c/o Misfits, rings from Poshlocket and my grandma]



A Pretty Party Dress


 Alainn Bella sent me this beautiful ruffle neck string dress that I plan to wear to a wedding late July.  I didn't need to do much to style this dress, but add a feather hair piece, purple pumps and a gold necklace. I stuffed in the strap to my Marc Jacobs bag in order to use it as a clutch. It's such a small bag, I can't fit much more than the strap inside of it, but oh well, I don't need to put much in there anyways.



[dress c/o alainn bella, shoes and jacket by bcbg, necklace from kie&kate, bag by marc jacobs]






Varius outfit




























-->

No comments: